No matter how great the characters are and how involved the plot and the subplots are, if the story-telling doesn’t hold the reader’s interest, the story will be.a failure.
Hank Quense is the author of a number of highly regarded novels and often writes and lectures on fiction writing techniques. His non-fiction book Creating Stories has been praised by novices and published authors alike.
In this course, Quense shows the student how to effectively use story-telling techniques to increase the reader’s interest. These techniques include:
- Using show-don’t-tell to maximize the reader’s enjoyment
- How to decide whether to use exposition or dialog?
- Effectively use multiple point of view characters.
- How to use stimulus and reactions correctly
- Why you need a writing voice and how to develop one.
- How to avoid the pitfalls of world-building
- Foreshadowing isn’t just for objects. Learn how to use it in the development of your characters
Enroll in this course now to improve your critically important story-telling skills. These skills will immediately improve your stories.
You'll get ten lectures plus a few assignments